This is CSC
We have a simple motto at the Children's Shelter of Cebu: every child deserves a family. Five words sum up so much of what we do.
We are home to children who have lost their parents. They come to us from hospitals, from government officials who have found them in need and from caregivers dropping them off at our door. They are hurting, and almost always ill--sometimes gravely. We have four homes in Cebu City, Philippines, where 90-95 children are given loving care. Our goal is to love them as much like a family would as possible. Here are some of the ways we do so:
- As nurses. We have our own infirmary and a small medical team who work with 26 doctors in Cebu (many of whom donate their services). Our kids have a lot of needs in this area and we meet them.
- As teachers. We have our own school, and it is top notch. We have low student-teacher ratios and a wonderful faculty who love the students they teach.
- As advocates. We seek adoption for our children through various government systems. CSC children have been placed for adoption in 15 countries.
- As caregivers. Our houseparents love our children like family. The childcare staff are there for them consistently. We understand the importance of relational bonds and foster them.
- As counselors. We have two full-time counselors on staff to guide the children towards healing.
- As stewards. We have received Charity Navigator's highest rating, 4 stars, for the fourth consecutive year. Just 9% of nonprofits can say the same.
CSC is a Christian, interndenominational ministry, and the priority of our care is to show children the love of God. The truth of God and his love for children is at the heart of who we are, and has been since we started in 1979.